Home network down
● The D-Link-655 router started to fail after many years of failful service. At least that was what I initially thought the problem was. Out of the blue, the router started failing to connect to the Internet through the modem. I bought a newer model D-Link router set up everything, but still could not make the connection to the Internet. After spending a couple of hours on the line with D-Link support, the tech. guy suggested that I return the router and replace it with a new one. Apparently, that router was broken. To test the functionality of the router the tech. guy suggested that I try an interesting trick. Connecting the Internet port of the router directly to one of the land lines, I still was not getting any activity on the router. So, off I went back to Future Shop to return the router. Before returning the router I search the Internet trying to figure out what could be wrong with the existing router. There were some interesting suggestions that I had not tried. So, after returning the router, I didn't buy another one. Went home last night and started wrestelling with the network again. In the end after rnaming the network (a.k.a SSID) everything started to work. My guess is that one of the VM machines that I installed on the new computer was cuaing this interference. Everything is working fine now :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home