It is still going on
● Eureka!, there are two reasons that I am still writing. First of all, for the first time I have access to the Internet at work – if I were an employer, I would not give anyone access to the Internet, I am totally spoiled and am doing nothing useful with this access. Second, it is all Farzin’s fault. He is the one who is tempting me by creating a PhotoBlog (PhotoClick). Okay, I have to admit to another third reason; since last week a lot has happened to me work wise. I believe it is a good idea to write about what is happening daily so I will have a good record of all that is happening. It was about a year ago this time that we heard that the company we were working for, Bombardier Aerospace, was going to outsource us. The new company, CGI, is one of the biggest IT companies in north America, so we thought that there was not anything to worry about. The transition process took place during the past year. Since the beginning it became obvious that CGI did not want to keep us on Bombardier mandate. The CGI office in Quèbec City had a big of workforce with little to do. CGI had lost a big governmental contract when the Liberal Party won the election against all odds and defeated Parti Quebecois. Little I knew when I voted for the Liberal Party back then that their election would affect me like this. Nowadays, I am in a situation that is called inter-mandate – I am not even sure if this is an Englisn word. It is being called like this in French – we are looking for new mandates for ourselves. CGI is a consulting company and most of the work is outside of the company and for the outside customers. We have a big list of all the available mandates everyweek and we have to go through it and find anything that fits our qualifications. So far, since last week, it has been so-so. There have been few available positions that I applied for; the only problem is that I have not got any feedbacks yet. One in particular looked interesting. The company is called M3I and the position is for a VB programmer/analyst. I still have hopes for this position and am waiting for the coordinator to contact me.
چاکريم
نوشته شده توسط
Post a Comment
<< Home